Wall Decor

It's been awhile since I've written a post about something other than Ethan's growth and development.   I've been meaning to add this how-to, but imagine... slacking when you're adjusting to life with an infant!

This is a name banner that I made for Ethan's room.  I had seen these letter banners sold by The Land of Nod.

I liked them, however they didn't really seem to fit the nursery.  Additionally, I hate paying for something that I can easily do myself.  I wanted to stick with an animal theme for the letters.  I started in the scrap book section at the craft store, and purchased a few animal print pages. I used the computer, picked a letter style, and typed out ETHAN in a large font size (I believe I used 72pt).  I printed out the letters, traced them, and cut them out.  Stopping now would make the paper too flimsy, and leave it prone to curling over time.  To give the letters strength and shine, I used a spray on acrylic spray (a matte spray would reduce the amount of shine). The acrylic should be applied to both sides of the letters to keep them nice, solid, and without curl.  Then it's just the trusty hot glue gun and some ribbon.  I used a sheer white ribbon to not clash with the animal print, but some pretty polka-dot ribbon could be really nice with some bright patterned letters. 

Anyway, its a great way to add some good fun on the cheap!


0 comments:

Post a Comment