"I'd Make Such a Good Statistic...

...somebody should study me now"

Yup, that's right, baby and I are officially part of a clinical study.  The study is being done through Penn State Hershey Medical center in conjunction with LGH Women's and Babies hospital. It is ultimately backed by the National Department of Health.  From my end, I join 3,000 first time moms, ages 18-35, in South
Central Pennsylvania in a series of 8 phone surveys over the course of 3 yrs.  The surveys take about 20-30 minutes each, and for every survey, I get a $20 gift card for places like Babies R Us, or the grocery store.  The goal is to get better information about women's health and pregnancy in real time (instead of surveying after the fact and relying on memory for statistics).  I should be getting my first call shortly, so I'll have to report how that goes!

PS-The quote in the subject is from Ani Difranco "Fire Door" in case you were wondering....

0 comments:

Post a Comment