Top Five Essential Non-Essential Baby Items

When I was researching baby products, I was really hoping to find more blogs out there with suggestions on exactly what baby items I needed to buy.  That proved to be more difficult than I had anticipated.  So here we go...a top ten list of must have baby items (the essential non-essentials) that I think should be on any baby registry (in no particular order). These are items that I guess I could live without, but I can't imagine a life without them.


1. Fisher Price Rainforest Melodies Deluxe Gym

Especially when you have a baby who doesn't enjoy to nap, this baby gym is a great place to sit baby and let him  play while you work on chores nearby.  The key to this gym is the lights and sound. This electronic stimulation was key to gaining Ethan's attention when he was too young to really play with the toys. We have another baby gym that is not battery powered. I love that too, but it is better suited for quiet playtime now that Ethan is older. What could make this gym better? The butterflies could move! It's also a lot more fun the more and more you can find to hang on it. Lots of Links are a great start to adding your own accessories. So are Sassy Bugs on Board. Be creative! The price point for this gym seems to move all over the board. Make sure to be a savvy consumer and look for coupons, sales, or bargains!


2. Boppy Pillow

A Boppy pillow has been an invaluable item for us. Boppy pillows are marketed for a number of different uses, but it's best use is for lounging! Since Ethan was days old we used it as a safe comfortable place to sit him down. Even at 5 months old, it's still a great place for him to lay quietly and watch football on Sunday and Monday evenings. It's an important part of our night time (and sometimes nap time) routine. It's where Ethan lounges and has his evening bottle. Of course, they make a bunch of pretty and fun covers to customize them. Make sure to have an extra cover so there is always an extra ready to go!



3. Fisher Price Newborn to Toddler Rocker
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I love our Fisher Price Newborn to Toddler Rocker. It's invaluable in our house. You can read more in my previous post entitled "The Chair."









4. Sleep sheep and/or sound machine
I've talked about my love for the sleep sheep before as well. You can read more in my previous post. If not a Sleep Sheep, any type of sound machine is a great investment. We have another variety of sleep machine that plugs in and runs all night. We really enjoy that as well. Anything to help baby sleep is amazing in my book! There is a travel version of the Sleep Sheep as well for when you're on the go!





5. Jeep Baby Carrier
Our baby carrier was freeing for me. It allows me to go out and be completely mobile and take baby everywhere with little fuss or hassle. The bottom line however, is that baby carriers are expensive! The Jeep carrier is great however, and is completely affordable. After you get the hang of it, the carrier can be taken on and off by yourself. It's easy to adjust the strap length to switch between adults. Baby can face either in or out, and can be carried safely from 8-26 pounds. The padded straps are very comfortable and make carrying very easy. Most importantly, I always feel like Ethan is very snug and secure in this carrier. I've also found that it washes well. We machine wash with cold water on gentle and hang to dry without any problem. Fantastic carrier at an even more fantastic price!


So that's my top 5.  There are so many more. What are your favorites?  I'd love to make my life easier!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment