Mr. Chatterbox

Having a toddler who is rapidly approaching two and is very verbal is a crazy thing. Sometimes I think we're practicing for the teenage years...We also just got off what seemed like a very long week and a half battling Rosiola. Of course, Rosiola is one of those illnesses that you don't know that you have until it's almost over. And of course, Ethan's weak tummy is evident every time he gets any kind of illness. We peaked fevers of 104.7 with medication. Crazy! Also got his third chest x-ray of his lifetime. If there's one thing we do know, it's that he has good looking lungs!

But that aside, Ethan impresses us on an almost daily basis. His memory amazes us. He remembers everything. Seriously, everything. The littlest or oddest  details. I can't even begin...and the things that come out of his mouth crazy too. 


Last week he turns to me and says "I have two Grandmas. *thinking pause* And two Grandpas." He was pretty proud that he'd figured that out. Heck, I was proud. He repeated it a few times last week. It broke down a bit though when he said "I have two Grandmas. And two Grandpas. And two Keiths." No buddy, one Uncle Keith. ;)

He's working really hard to describe things. He'll say "There are three grey birds."  "I want the green one." His quick descriptions like that are correct maybe half of the time. Sometimes the color is wrong. Sometimes the number is wrong. But he sure does try! A truck can't just be a truck. It has to be a "tanker truck" or a "flatbed truck." He wears his "blue shoes" or his "brown shoes."  (When we went to replace his blue shoes last week, he saw the same pair on the shelf and we just had to get a new pair of blue shoes...no other shoes would do). He'll tell you "I saw an airplane" or "I hear an airplane. Far away." When we park in a parking spot he'll say "We're next to blue pickup and red car. Right there!" Last week I asked him to do something and he said "Chocolate milk first." My favorite thing he says is still "Carry you" when he wants carried. I also think it's really cute that he starts sentences with "I wonder." "I wonder the race car is." The other day it rained and the first thing he told me when I got to daycare to pick him up was "No outside today!" (like he was telling on them for not taking him outside!)

He likes to make up words too. He sometimes calls his Nuk "Nukie." He got a stuffed frog/dinosaur thing from our photo session the other night and he randomly named it "Frogga." He loves that thing now.

I've been working really hard to teach Ethan that he's not allowed in the road. Now he says "Mommies (or Daddies) in the road. NO babies in the road!" The other day there was a dog on our road and he said "No doggies on the road!"


Last night Ethan had spaghetti for dinner. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but we have had the only toddler in the world that doesn't like noodles. Recently he's just picked at them, but in the last week he's been really digging noodles.  I had initially cut his noodles, but he made it very clear that he had to have big noodles (just like Daddy had to open a new bag of tortilla chips last week because he needed a "big chip").He had spaghetti, and then he switched to the noodles without sauce. My favorite part was when his imagination took over. He held up one of his noodles and it had a bit of an S-curve to it. He says to me "A SEAHORSE!" Right on buddy--sure does look like a seahorse! He was pulling the noodles around on his place mat making shapes and he said "A sun!" I showed him how to put a noodle under his nose to make a mustache like Grandpa. Oh, good times! 


And as always, he's such a good friend. I've been told that he is the kid who is friends with everyone at daycare, and who everyone wants to play with. He is, as always, also really good with the younger kids. The one younger girl didn't want to come in from the playground and Ethan went and took her hand and brought her in. I'm also told that he likes when they are out on the playground with the Young Preschool group because "There are a lot more girls in that class." Apparently he likes to run after them. I'm not surprised. The same thing happens at Little Gym. Watch out ladies! He's also really good with the younger kids at Little Gym. He likes to try and make them laugh and smile. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment