Tour de Nursery

As I promised, here's the official nursery tour:  A lot of the details I have covered in previous posts, but now you can get a full sense of the space.  I'm really happy with the way that everything came together.  I wanted to have a strong jungle theme, but what I wanted to avoid was purchasing a "matching" baby set (they're way too expensive and overly coordinated for my taste).  And of course, the creative side of me wanted to do it myself, and be able to add my own custom elements.  So, lets get on with it!


Starting behind the door is the stick on giraffe, the Ethan banner that I made, and the ribbon of wooden jungle animals that I also made.  The little bookshelf was mine when I was a kid.



And of course, my favorite monkeys surrounding the closet door!



Here again is the crib and animal photos, complete now with the jungle mobile.  The plant I got real inexpensive at The Christmas Tree Shops, and the zebra plant stand had been a Christmas gift from my brother a few years ago.  It seemed to fit in quite nicely!  The little basket on the floor is now the home to a number of Ethan's stuffed jungle friends!



Here's a closer look at the mobile.  I also really enjoy the giraffe hamper and the monkey night light.


Here you can see the corner of the leaf print curtains and the dressers.  Of course, there's Murphy in his banana car, and the Ethan train that I made (stay tuned for more about the train...)

So, there you have it!  I'll be sure to add more details later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment