Bringing the Theme Together

Sometimes you find exactly what you didn't know you were looking for, when you weren't looking for it.  I stumbled upon this gentle giraffe when I was shopping the clearance section at Babies R Us.  He was only $9 (and again, if you have priced these wall stickers, you know that's a fantastic deal), and I knew he would fit right into the nursery...but where?   Turns out, there was a special space for him right behind the door.  I know, it's a shame to tuck him back there, but he's pretty tall, and he needed somewhere that he didn't appear to be floating in mid air.  He fit perfectly in the available space, and best of all, he is artwork that won't be bothered by the swinging door.   All in all, I'm super happy with the way he turned out! The theme is significantly better executed on the other side of the room, and he's really helping pull it together throughout the space. (PS- Check out Murphy the sock monkey and his banana car sneaking his way into the photo!  He was a gift from one of Charlie's co-workers, and we love him!)

As I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of these wall stickers.  What I will say however, is that if you've never placed one of these  larger stickers before, be prepared to exhaust some time and patience.  It comes in medium sized pieces, like a puzzle.  It took awhile to get everything together and straight (and without air bubbles).  Luckily, as advertised, they do peel right off, and hence can be moved around freely until you get it right.  I tried to not actually rub each sticker down well until I was sure it had reached its final destination.  Still, I find it well worth the effort, and significantly easier than painting a mural on the wall (not to mention, less permanent, and relocatable), even for an art major.  Oh, and did I mention less messy?

Also on my list of clearance finds was this great changing pad cover and basket lined with animal printed fabric (it's all the from the baby collection as the giraffe) that I'm going to use for wipes and diapers.

I also picked up an "extra" pack and play for $25 that I'm going to keep in the truck of the car.  Never know when you may be out and about and need one...or at least save the need to fold down the one in the house to pack in the car!  Not to mention, when do you find a good pack and play for that price?

Stay tuned...someday I'll post photos of the whole nursery put together...Just need to get it there....

0 comments:

Post a Comment