39.

Ok, so technically 39 weeks is tomorrow, but frankly, I'm rounding!

Of course, there's only so much you can write about the life of an unborn baby...and the nursery is done (yes, I will still post photos of the complete room!)  About two weeks ago, we did meet with a pediatrician, so the baby is set with a doctor.

During week 37, I once again failed a blood pressure test.  Luckily for me, we have a baby class following each appointment and the midwife allowed me to "retest" after class.  By then, my bp had dropped 8 points, so I was back in the clear!  Phew!!

Week 38 our appointment was on Monday morning.  At that appointment, my bp was the lowest it's been my entire pregnancy.  Once again, this supports my theory that my bp is only high because I'm running around in the heat after work like a mad person, making dinner, and trying to make it to our appointment on time!  Anyway, at the appointment, the LPN was impressed by how much the baby was moving.  She thought she had irritated him by her palpations, but when I told her he'd been moving that much since I'd woken up this morning, she was impressed that I ever sleep at all.  It was rather fun because you could hear all his kicks on the dopplar.

Otherwise, all is well.  Like I said, everything is ready.  Nursery is ready.  Car seat is in the car.  Bag is packed.  Only two more days of work.   Now we just wait....

Until then, here's a quick baby shower photos!




Until next time, don't forget to place your bets in the baby pool:  Who knows, maybe there will be a prize?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment