Potpourri

Why the heck not?!?
I am not only part of the first time mother's baby study, but also am going to be a baby product tester.  The product is in its final phases of production and I will be one of fifteen to test it before it goes out on the market.  I can't wait for my product to arrive so I can begin the review process!  The rest of the story is confidential...shhhhhhh!

Kudos Toys R Us!
Toys R Us has amazing customer service.  After being so irritated by Michael's poor service (both in the store and by their corporate office--Yup, I'm still not over it--), I am pleased to report that Toys R Us has not lost sight of what's important.  I had an issue where my rewards card where it could never be found in the register system, and when I went to sign up online, I was told the card was invalid.  Of course, I've made countless purchases there over the last few months for Mr. Ethan at Babies R Us, and should have accrued my share of rewards dollars.  I had yet to see any of those rewards.  I called Customer Service, and they found out that my card had been duly registered with another customer.  Whoops!!  They figured that in the history of the card, $25 should have been rewarded, so they righted their wrong and sent me and the other customer $25 gift cards, no questions asked.  Super.  Well, about a week later, I recieved a phone call from the head of the rewards program asking for more information about the mix up.  I happily assisted them with any questions I could answer to help them ensure they didn't make the same mistake again.  When the call was finished, the very nice service rep. told me that she was sending me another $25 gift card for my help and patience.  I've already received the first gift card, and it came with a very nice, well formulated, personalized letter.  What a great way to handle a customer.  Cheers to you Toys R Us!

The Diaper Race
We joke that with every diaper change that the dirty diaper just cost us 30 cents (approximate when you figure in discounts and sales).  I decided yesterday that Ethan is working so vigorously on using diapers because he wants to earn enough rewards points with Pampers to earn that little red wagon (or maybe a toddler bike) he has his eye on.  That wagon is pretty cool....I don't blame him!  Keep up the good work kid!

Still Can't Get Enough...
One more note about Ethan's wonderful Fisher Price Rocker Chair.  This weekend we attached the overhead toy bar.  He loves it.  The toys rattle, shake and swing.  He just sits and stares at them.  Last night it kept his attention for a full half hour.  Nothing keeps his attention that long!  It also seems that over the course of the weekend, he has figured out that if he kicks his legs feverishly that he can make the toys swing.  He also bats at them quite a bit.  Way to work on your baby skills Ethan!

Oktoberfest
We made our way this weekend to the Lancaster Liederkrantz Oktoberfest.  We go every year...mainly for the incredible potato salad (which tastes awesome, and even better made into an omelet in the morning)!  Plus, they always have Spaten on tap.  :)  Ethan got to meet a baby dressed in lederhosen and listen to some traditional folk tunes.  Mostly, he just enjoyed spending some time outside on the blanket with his mommy and daddy.

Ethan "drinking" at Oktoberfest.

Awwww :)  I promise those hats will fit one day Ethan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment